Often it is a matter of seconds before risking a permanent injury. Getting to an emergency shower and trying to wash away the corrosive chemicals with water may take far too long. Water also has a limited ability to dilute the corrosives and lacks neutralising properties, so it requires continuous washing for a long time to achieve the desired effect. During this time the corrosive chemical keeps attacking your body.
With an immediate neutralisation we have time to stop the chemical before it causes permanent damage. By focusing the treatment only to the damaged area, we can also cater for all the other needs of the victim in case of an accident. (Heat, Rest, Caution), thereby minimising the risk of shock as well as hypothermia (body temperature drop). The neutralization also affects the clothing as well as the rinsing residues which caters for a safer management of the distressed person as well as simplifying the subsequent cleaning of surfaces and materials.
Diphoterine is a unique First Aid rinsing solution, which quickly and effectively neutralises both acids and bases such as e.g. hydrochloric acid, sulphuric acid, sodium hydroxide (lye) and ammonia. Diphoterine is also active against solvents, oxidizers, chelating agents and reducing agents and has been tested effective against over 1.500 unique chemicals.
Diphoterine consists of a custom-made molecule which effectively attracts and renders harmless among others both hydrogen ions (H+) and hydroxide ions (OH-). Due to its amphoteric and hypertonic properties it is safe to use on all chemicals while preventing the penetration of the harmful chemical by “drawing out” the chemical from the tissue.
Why Diphoterine instead of water?
Water has three primary characteristics in case of first aid washing:
– Water mechanically washes away the corrosive chemical.
– Water dilutes the chemical and thereby reduces its corrosiveness.
– Water is polyvalent, in other words it works in the same way on all products and thus reduces the possibility of mistakes.
Water’s limitations in case of first aid washing:
– Water has a very limited ability to influence the chemical’s pH, and thus a large quantity (volume) of water is needed which results in a long time of treatment. During this time the chemical continues to attack your body!
– Risk of hypothermia in case of long exposure time
– Hypotonic – the cells expand and are damaged by prolonged treatment
– Used rinsing fluid/residues and exposed clothes etc. are still harmful after the treatment
Buffered solution’s limitations in case of first aid washing:
– Buffered solutions have a theoretical active washing effect on both acids and bases.
In reality there is no buffer which works equally well on acids as on bases.
– Buffered solutions have only a dilution effect on substances other than acids and bases
(Oxidizers, Reducing agents, Chelating agents and Solvents)
– Most containers are designed specifically for ophthalmic use and therefore do not provide a particularly good washing on skin areas.
– In certain cases there is the risk of side effects, such as calcification in the eyes.
Tested effective against over 1.500 unique chemicals
Diphoterine offers the same positive characteristics as water, but also compensates for the limited effects of water and buffered solutions on chemicals with strong concentrations.
• Diphoterine has an active neutralising effect on all types of chemicals, which means that the chemical attack is stopped very quickly. This way we achieve a much better effect, with significantly less volume of liquid in a much shorter time.
• Diphoterine is hypertonic, which prevents the penetration of the chemical into the tissue by drawing the fluid out of the cell.
• Diphoterine allows a focused treatment which together with the shorter treatment time reduces the risk of to much cooling (hypothermia).
• Diphoterine is available in several different designs specifically tailored to fit the size of the injury and can be used all over the body, in the eyes, in the oral cavity and in the ear canals.
• Diphoterine has a limited effect against Hydrofluoric acid or its derivatives in an acidic medium because Diphoterine only acts on the corrosive hydrogen ion. To also neutralise the toxic fluoride ion you require Hexafluorine.
Time is the most important factor in case of a chemical accident!
Well proven technology
Diphoterine is used by industries, government agencies, hospitals and emergency services throughout the world today. It is an approved replacement to emergency eye washes and body showers according to the European EN15154-3/4 standard and its positive effects are scientifically and practically specified in the Swedish Work Environment Authority’s Report 2010: 6
Our webshop is currently only available in Swedish
Diphoterine® DAP 5L13 101 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® DAP 5L, utbyte7 456 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Sköljstation Plus inkl Trivorex® och hållare6 224 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Sköljstation Plus6 544 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Sköljstation5 471 kr ex. moms
Medical Care Laddtavla Diphoterine®3 250 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® SIEW 50ml381 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Flaska 500ml1 377 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Påse 500ml
Diphoterine® Mini (200ml)937 kr ex. moms
Diphoterine® Micro (100ml)631 kr ex. moms